October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) and Pacific Office Solutions is joining the campaign to raise awareness of the capabilities of people who are blind.
- More than 5,600 people who are blind are employed through National Industries for the Blind (NIB) and its associated nonprofit agencies. These employees assist in the production and distribution of thousands of high-quality products and services to federal, military and commercial customers, including many products carried by Pacific Office Solutions.
- At Pacific Office Solutions, sales of SKILCRAFT® products through the AbilityOne® Program help sustain and grow employment for more than 45,000 people who are blind or have significant disabilities.
Take action – Support the employment of qualified individuals who are blind by purchasing SKILCRAFT products.
- When federal customers choose SKILCRAFT® and other AbilityOne Program products, they help employ thousands of people who are blind across the country.
- At Pacific Office Solutions, we offer a number of SKILCRAFT® products.
- SKILCRAFT® and other AbilityOne Program products deliver tremendous value to federal customers.
Why this matters – Misperceptions about the workplace capabilities of people who are blind still exist and hinder their employment through traditional channels. When you purchase products or services through the AbilityOne Program, you help people who are blind lead more independent lives.
- The AbilityOne Program provides more than 45,000 people who are blind or have significant disabilities with a range of career options to suit their interests, goals and capabilities. Pacific Office Solutions offers SKILCRAFT and other AbilityOne Program products to federal customers to support their missions, while also helping people who are blind lead more independent lives.